DWGEditor taking over

We are about to roll out a new installation of SolidWorks 2005. We have setup a silent install of SW2005, but after installing the DWGEditor is now associated with AutoCAD drawings. We have AutoCAD and would like to keep AutoCAD associated with .dwg files. I know we could manually reassociate .dwg files with AutoCAD, but does anyone know how to stop DWGEditor from being set as the default viewer for .dwg files after SolidWorks 2005 is installed?

Thanks in advance, Chad

Reply to
Chad

If I recall, during the installation there is a box to uncheck to tell it to not grab the dwg association. But I don't know on a silent install.

WT

Reply to
Wayne Tiffany

Thanks for the responses. I to remember seing a checkbox to not associate .dwg files with DWGEditor, but I can't find any options for the silent install. I realize that I could manually go and change the association after the install but I'd rather not do this on 25 machines. Anyone else have any suggestions?

Thanks, Chad

Reply to
Chad

Just change the file association in Windows Explorer to use AutoCAD instead of DWGEditor.

Reply to
Richard Charney