XP Sp2 Is it safe to upgrade now.

Have all the known issues been handled with SW and XP Sp2 Our IT wants to make the switch soon and was asking so I wanted to be sure that I am not going to regret it.

Corey

Reply to
CS

No problems here.

WT

Reply to
Wayne Tiffany

I haven't had any problems, I believe all is well.

Muggs

Reply to
Muggs

SW seems to run better with SP2

Reply to
pete

No problems with any of our machines. Make sure you have the appropriate SP on SW.

Jerry Steiger

Thank you all I appreciate it.

Reply to
CS

Has the "issue" about inability to install more than two updates to any application been fixed, or is that a separate update and/or hotfix that one must still deal with after installing XP SP2?

Reply to
Steve Rauenbuehler

I have one word of caution for XP SP2 - we just built a new box for Solidworks, with XP Pro SP2 and Solidworks installation (2005 SP0.0 from CDs)failed with an error code, but appeared to have actually installed Swx ok. When starting Swx, it could not find the dongle and refused to run. Turns out that the dongle driver embedded in Swx is not compatible with XP Pro SP2! Got sorted after a few calls to our VAR - had to uninstall Swx, clean all registry entries, remove dongle from printer port, download and install newer dongle driver from Aladdin, then install Swx and finally replace the dongle. All is fine now. Although I seem to remember that American copies of Swx are dongle free anyway?

Reply to
Keith Kerwin

I think the network licensed versions use a dongle as do the educational versions.

Reply to
P.