2005 w/2004 install question

I am running 2004 quite successfully w/ SP2 XP and want to do a completely separate install of 2005 w/ PW2. This time mgmt. bought the whole deal but
I cant just upgrade 2004 due to clients using 2004 as well as some existing projects we are in the middle of.
Will 2005 allow for a completely separate installation side by side on the same partition of the same drive ? TIA.
I am on a different OS (2000 Pro). However, I am running 2004 and 2005 side by side with absolutely no problems.
Only thing is to keep your library components and other commonly used items from getting saved in the newer version and causing you problems when opening assemblies in 2004.......
jk

but
existing
Was there any conflict between the 2004 and 2005 serial numbers / No conflict between two PW2 version coexisting on the same partition ?

no conflist that I have seen due to the same serial number for 2 different installs. Each version has a separate code of some kind independent of the serial number-I think.
don't use PW.
jk

You can only have one serail number running at one time.
You can setup a reg key to install if you want to run your SW04 by simply exporting out the serial number for both seats. - HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Solidworks\Security -
However why do you want to keep SW04 while running SW05?
Regards, Scott Baugh, CSWP

I wanted to have two entirely separate versions of SW ( 2004 & 2005 ) installed but not running simultaneously on the same machine. Purpose is to evaluate 2005 for a short period before switching.

I'm runninig both for the same reasons - no problems here...

You can run 2 versions and not have any problems, but if the serial numbers are different then that's the problem. I have SW03, 04 and 05 on the same machine and I'm not having any trouble. But if I had different serial numbers then I would have problems running each version.
Regards, Scott Baugh, CSWP

on