2004 Toolbox, drag 'n drop

why can't i drag 'n drop from toolbox and get a preview when using a part/fastener that's already in the fm? i get the following message, "a document named blah, blah, blah, is already opened. do you want show this already-opened document?" makes it kind of difficult to "tab" between orientations.

it only happens on existing assemblies, newly created assemblies are ok. wtf?

2004 sp1, w2k sp3

kenneth b

Reply to
kenneth b

This can happen when any part (inc. ToolBox part) of the same name is already opened from different location. Alex.

Reply to
Alex

only have one location

Reply to
kenneth b

i was wrong, there is another location, crap.

Reply to
kenneth b

Kennth,

we had a user having this problem yesterday...what exactly do you mean by "other location".

Derek

Reply to
Derek Taylor

i kept my old (2003) toolbox when i upgraded to 2004. when i installed

2004, i thought it detected (correctly) my old toolbox installation. it didn't. so i had 2 toolbox locations.

btw, i did uninstall 2003, cleaned the registry of any sw corp stuff and re-booted before installing 2004. guess you need to do a custom install to point to the toolbox location if you had a previous version.

to correct the situation i copied the database files in, \Toolbox Parts\lang\English from 2004 version to 2003 version

i also edited the "toolbox.ini" file located in \Program Files\SolidWorks\Toolbox to point to 2003 version

once i was satisfied with the way thing were working, i removed the 2004 toolbox

Reply to
kenneth b

for reference, having a common, shared toolbox does not work in SP0.0. Haven't checked it yet in sp1.0.

Straight from my VAR: "They didn't bother to check the software to see if it worked for multiple users."

They didn't test the software?!?!?

'magine that.

--nick e.

Reply to