drag-n-drop hatching from tool palette in acad2005

I've taken the time to make a tool palette for all of my hatches, which I thought was going to come in very handy... but there is one little kink I
didn't forsee... It seems when dragging and dropping a hatch from the palette, it only wants me to select a single point on the screen to place the hatch (ie: select internal point)... But I always much prefer to select an object that is, in effect, the hatch boundary. Is there a way to do this, or are we stuck "placing" the hatch instead of being able to "select objects"?!
Thanks in advance ...
Trey
OK... well, i guess nobody knows (or cares) about this other than me. From what I've been able to find out so far, it's not posiible. However, if anyone feels like figuring out a way, or has an idea that will accomplish this for me, please let me know. Thanks.
On Wed, 14 Apr 2004 09:55:27 -0500, Trey Monsour

Can you not just add your hatch patterns to the Acad pattern file and use them as normal, or perhaps I'm missing something here :-(
snipped-for-privacy@bellsouth.net (Trey Monsour) wrote:

I have already added them to the acad.pat file, and can access them thru the normal bhatch command. What i had done though, was to drag (from the design center) each individual hatch to the command panel and from there you can drag and drop hatches into your drawing with predefined properties. IE: you can set multiple solid hatches on different layers that are all different levels of screening.. then you dont have to set a current layer to hatch to... you can just drag the hatch out and it's already done.
The issue, however, is that when you drag a hatch from the design center you have the ability to right-click and choose to select objects to hatch as opposed to just specifying an internal point. I was hoping that you could do the same from the tool palette, but as it stands, you cant. You can only "place" a hatch from the palette, not pick an object to hatch.
Seems that this is something for the wishlist - and i hope i'm not the only one that would like to see this added.
On Mon, 19 Apr 2004 17:27 +0100 (BST), snipped-for-privacy@NScix.co.uk (B. W. Salt.) wrote:

NO_SPAM snipped-for-privacy@bellsouth.net (Trey Monsour) wrote:

I see your point. Mine is R14, so I do not use the 'Design Centre'. It seems that a hatch pattern is being treated almost as if it's just another object, or block, under those circumstances.