Drag Coefficent

Is there a way to more accurately determing drag without have a degree in theoretical mathematics from MIT?
Just running some sims and wondering what the Cd actully is...0.75 seems to
be a 'default', but I wonder how accurate that might be.
R.
You might find some of these programs fit your requirements. They do the math & are fun to play with anyways :-) Check it out.
http://www.aerorocket.com /
Cheers....

Given a known weight, motor thrust and altitude (via altimeter) you should be able to figure out the exact Cd for the rocket you built vs the *perfect* build that a sim will give you. You'd want to do this over several flights and maybe a few different motor combos.
I put the measured weight into the sim and vary the Cd until I get the altitude that was recorded on the altimeter. After about 3 flights, I feel the Cd is fairly correct for my rocket.
Just my $0.02
-Aaron

www.v-serv.com/vcp
cd.bas (rmr search)

A BS in Aerospace Engineering from any accredited state university will suffice.

It's in the ballpark.

Alan