Problems with launch lugs

Actually, the problem is with the guy who put them on, namely me, but here is the problem:
I have them slightly offcenter...by slightly, I mean it fits over the 3/16"
rod ok. but it tends to 'bind' or 'grab' a bit on the way down and up....
Any suggestions other than removing and re-installing? I'd rather not remove them and reglue them if I don't have to...
TIA,
Randy.
R & K Bilyea wrote:

It is probably easier to remove, and re-glue a new one... than to (successfully) correct what is there.
--

Greg Heilers
Registered Linux User #328317 - SlackWare 10.1 (2.6.10)

NEVER have a coating of WD-40 on a launch rod being used. It attracts every spec of crud, bonds it to the rod, and makes the problem worse instead of better.
It's use is to prevent rust when rods are stored. If you use stainless rods, yo don't need WD-40.
This is a country which stands tallest in troubled times, a country that clings to fundamental principles, cherishes its constitutional heritage, and rejects simple solutions that compromise the values that lie at the roots of our democratic system. -- Supreme Court Justice Thurgood Marshall, 1972
Sure, WD-40 left puddled on the rod will attract crud, but I said to lube it before each flight. This involved sprayig some on the rod and wiping it down with a rag or paper towel. This removes all crud and provides a smooth coat of lubrication.
I've been using this on steel rods for 35 years.
Your "NEVER" is not correct. It makes it sound like a safety problem. It's OK if *you* "NEVER" use WD-40 because of your personal experience (and use of Stainless steel rods), but that does not make it dangerous for others.
It's perfectly safe. Nothing can go wrong, go wrong, go wrong, go wrong, go wrong.....
;)

Debur the lugs (bevel the inside ends)?
Cut the lugs at an angle on both ends which lowers the effective length and cuts off the sharpest protruding edges of the lugs.
Please pardon the tech post. I would say somebody had to do it, but that is not true. This is rmr.
Jerry
"I've seen this on other discussion forums on the internet. Someone asks a question and instead of getting either an answer or a link to where the answer is, they get criticized for asking the question. Why do people do that - it takes more time to criticize than it does to be helpful. I think the question still hasn't been answered - so here it is." - anon
"Mr. Irvine has been really helpful...I appreciate his advice."
"First of all, thank you Jerry Irvine for the welcome. The one thing that I have noted since returning to rocketry is how friendly and helpful the people are. This impresses me even more than the developments in motor technology!" - John Baer on snipped-for-privacy@vnet.net
Jerry Irvine wrote:

Despite your advice, you're still a fraud and felon.

Actually his advice was the best of the bunch. You seem a little too focused on JI don't you? Next thing you know you will be stalking him.
--

snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com

Greg Cisko wrote:

You copied it, read My post. The advice was sound, but jerry is what he is.

Next thing or last thing?
I have had "private investigators" following me on several occasions. I have busted three of them by returning the favor and following them.
To say these people are fixated on me would be a GROSS understatement.
Jerry
"Fixate on the good news. Life is so much better that way.
"It's the folks that seem to take categorical exception to anything Jerry says that are raising the noise level far more than anything Jerry actually says. Whenever folks become fixated on "getting rid of" any one particular poster, it makes a negative dynamic in the newsgroup. If Jerry is indeed such a fool, readers can come to that conclusion themselves... all the hissing and carping made me curious: "who is Jerry Irvine and why are people the people who are saying such nasty things about him so eager to get everyone to gang up on their side?" (It's sort of like the counterproductive nature of the "war on drugs" propaganda... kids are gonna go "what's this 'Marijuana' stuff that everyone is so scandalized about, anyway?")" -dave w
Jerry Irvine wrote:

When was that? How many occasions?

Who exactly are "these people"?

Ask Tim Collins.
Ask Bill Lee.
:)

Jerry Irvine wrote:

Answer the questions. Or is that to hard?

Tim collins lives in colorado.

Bill Lee lives in New Zealand.

Have you been huffing the glue again?

Ok, I don't know what happened on the first one......

Jack Benny: Now THAT'S funny!
Really, the idea of anyone following a p.i. that's following them is humorus. Who was it Dan Tanna or Mannix? ; )
Randy http://vernarockets.com /

ONE example.
San Antonio Road in Pomona. Heading North just before San Bernardino Road.
The reaction was priceless indeed!
Jerry
Jerry Irvine wrote:

When did this happen? How did you determine "these people" were in fact private investigators? What was the "reaction"? And to what?
Are you certain it's not glue induced paranoia that you are experiencing?
Jerry Irvine wrote:

The crayon is purple.
See, I can throw out non sequiters just as well as you can!!!
David Erbas-White
P.S. 1000 "Whose Line Is It Anyway?" bonus points who knows what the first line was from...
On Sun, 10 Jul 2005 17:51:46 -0700, David Erbas-White

Data from Star Trek?
Eldred
Eldred Pickett wrote:

BZZTTT!!!