API:Macros don't work and limit file size to 64Kb

Hi,

In one PC at the University, each time that I tried to read or edit a macro SW crashes without knowing a reason (no message at all) does somedy has an idea how to fix this? We have the SW student version. My other question is regarding the maximum size of a macro, in another PC where the macros work well I got a message telling me that the maximum size of the file should not be greater than 64Kb has anybody encounter such a problem? What I'm trying to do is to read a lot of points with the "Curve trhough free points", so I recorded the syntax for one single curve and then I created a file with Matlab that will writes the other 200 curves. Maybe there is a better way to do this, perhaps a for loop would work. Can you tell me if there is a better way to do this and how (I'm a beginner with VB for SW) Thanks for the help.

Pablo,

Reply to
Pablo

This could be a lot of things; Ive never used the student version. Was this macro recently updated in a newer version of SW, or was the SW app itself recently updated?

In large projects, I usually end up using big brother Visual Basic. Also, is the code just one large module? Can you break up the code into different modules?

One fix you may want to try, that usually doesnt hurt anything, is to copy all the code from the module, then paste it into Notepad. Restart SW, start a new Macro, and paste all the code back into the new macro, then save.

Reply to
rocheey