"File already exist" dialog no longer comes up in VB ?

Ive been using SW 2004 (yes, I know), and are getting ready to switch to SW 2005. Im testing some of our macros out, and a couple are behaving differently.

We have a PDF saver macro. Click the button, and it saves the current file as a PDF in a set directory (using the Save to PDF addin). In SW

2004, I you would get a "File already exist, do you want to overwrite" dialog box, but I dont recieve this in SW 2005.

Anyone know what may have changed?

Reply to
SW Monkey

I would guess that SolidWorks changed the API. Probably most users don't want to be prompted because the programmer can do a simple verification of file existence himself and display his own warning message. I posted the solution to this in one of your other newsgroup posts. This behavior is better than the old behavior because it gives the programmer control of what happens.

Reply to
Mr. Who