Rotate the isometric view

Does anybody knows how I can I rotate the isometric view when I'm drawing a Part, it is because when I press the icon of isometric view, I view the back
of my design and I want to view the front part when I press the isometric icon.
Regards Marco
You can redefine the default views. Position the object in some fashion that you recognize, as in put it into what you would like to call the front view. Then press the spacebar to bring up the view menu and click on the third button (Update Standard Views.) This will redefine the views as you have specified. If the iso's still aren't quite what you want, pick a different orientation and do it again.
If none of that gets you where you want to be, don't forget that you can always create your own custom views.
WT

back
The problem do it that, is that in the drawing sheet the views also get the rotation, do you know how to turn the view 90 degrees for example to avoid the problems in the drrawing.
Regards Marco

drawing
isometric

get
don't redefine, create "custom" views. if redefining is necessary, then "reset standard views" after creating your custom views.
custom view tip: select 2 planar surfaces, then select "normal to", save view
I have a really cool macro (I can't remember where I got it) that creates all these ISO views:
Right front Left front Left rear Right Rear
They are great for presentations and in drawing views.
E-mail me and I will send it to you.
Dan

back
Those might be part of the set that Lee Bell mostly wrote for his keyboard macro set - quite handy when you get used to them. If you aren't using the whole set, I can send them to you.
Basically, in a part or assy, the num pad is envisioned as a box with 5 being the front view. Then the 8 is the top view, 2 the bottom view, 4 the LH, etc. It also includes the 7,9,1,3, keys for the different iso's, and if you use CTRL with any of them, you get the opposite. So, CTRL5 gives you the back view, and if you do the CTRL on the iso's, you get their reverses, which is not the same as the regular ones; you have to try it to really see. It takes a bit of getting used to in order to become second nature, but it creates many more iso views than are normally available, and once you do start using them, you won't go back.
Then in drawings, there are other opportunities. Picture any size drawing split into quarters and then picture each of the num keys as zooming into that quarter. The 7,9,1,3 are obvious - 4 corner quarters as you would expect. But wait, there's more... If you hit the 2, you get a lower center quarter, 4 gives you the lh center quarter, etc. The most useful part of this is that you can be working in the upper LH corner and want to check something in the title block. Rather than zooming out to fit screen (hotkey F) and then windowing in (hotkey W) on the title block area, you simply press the Num pad 3 key - this takes you straight to the title block area. Then either hit the 7 key to go back to the upper LH quarter, or even better, the hotkey B to zoom to previous view - right back where you were. Shortest route - 2 keys to go look and come back right where you were.
Also almost forgot, the . key opens & closes the FeatureManager and will work even when you switch between documents, remembering where each one was when you left it.
Lee wrote a very good documentaion set to explain all of this - if you haven't seen it, you owe it to yourself to give it a try! Hey Mikey, try it, you'll like it!! :-)
WT

drawing
isometric
Thanks for the macros Wayne. I installed most of the macros here at home and tested them. They work so good! I am going to take them to work and save time with them there. I really like the one that closes the property manager and how the macros pan on the drawings.
Thanks again, and keep up the good work!
Dan Bovinich Mechanical Designer Texaco Ovonic Hydrogen Systems

the

the
Are these available somewhere? If not, could someone make a space for them? They sounded quite useful.
Jerry Steiger Tripod Data Systems

http://www.d-digest.com/ssa/V2I7/V2I7.html
http://www.d-digest.com/ssa/download/KeyPadMacros.zip

Thanks!
Jerry Steiger Tripod Data Systems
dumb question alert, but since I haven't played with the macro feature in solidworks, how do you set these macros up so that they can be used as the word document that's inside of the "macro Files.zip", says they are used? I've created a folder called sw macros and unzipped the macro Files.zip file into it, then I go to solidworks open up a model, then in the pull down menus I select "tools" then "macro" then "run", I then select one of the *.swp files ("AltNum2.swp", for example) doing so changes the orientation of the model, I then, on purpose, change the orientation, to see if pressing the "alt" and 2 combination again will put me back to the expected orientation shown before, but nothing happens. (numlock is on). do I have to map each one of the macros to a key on the keypad, if so how?

It would help if we knew which version of SW you have (SW 2003 is different, if I remember correctly.) I will give instructions for SW 2004:
1) Right click on a tool bar and hit "Customize"
2) Hit the "Keyboard Tab"
3) Under "Categories "
Scroll down to macros and click on it
Look in the "commands" box and you should see all the file name macros, if you don't then you have to cancel everything and make a:
C:\Program Files\SolidWorks\Macros folder and/or go into your options > system > file locations > Macros > and set the file location to the directory you want to store your macros in.
4) (redo steps above)
click on the "commands" macro file
5) click in the "Press new shortcut key" dialogue box
6) Now press the keyboard keys that correspond with the filename
7) Click on "Assign" button, which should send the "Press new shortcut key" to the "Current Key" box
Then Click on the next "Command" macro file and start all over until you have all the keys assigned.
It takes a few minutes, but the effort is well worth it.
I hope this helps.
Dan B.

Two things - I'm pretty sure the folder has to be the Macros folder, because it can't even be named Macro. The other is that I can send anyone that wants it my .CUS file that already has all the macros assigned to the keys. That way you don't have to do all the assignments yourself. Plus, as an added bonus, you get all the other hotkeys assigned for you and can start using them immediately. :-)
WT

i'm still using 2003

Easiest way is to bring up the default isometric view, use "shift-left arrow" twice to spin 180 degrees, and save the resulting view as a custom view called (say) "Front iso"

back
Send me an email (remove mxz from the address) and I'll forward you a solution my VAR did for me, which does exactly what you want. Regards Frank
Marco Flores wrote:

downloaded?
-Dennis