Right click drop down "open" command flaky in 2004?

I have two separate machines that are behaving strangely when the users try to open a part from an assembly using the right click drop-down menu. One
of them is SW2004 SP1 and one is 2004 SP2.1. The problematic 2.1 machine has had the problem since the initial installation of SW2004 @ SP1. The problem also appears in the File-Open dialog at the same time.
Most times, SW can be closed and re-started, and will operate correctly for a while.
Has anyone else seen this kind of behaviour?
Uninstall and reinstall SW

try
for
We decided to rebuild the machine, just to snuff out any other causes. (It's easy - have a drive image to work from) Thought it was the only one, but found the other that was doing it today.