drop-down missing

Why would a drop-down menu suddenly not show up? When I go into
tools>customize>interface the menu cui is loaded. The only way I've found to
get the menu back is to do a menuload and unload the menu and then re-load
it from the mns file rather than the cui. I should say that this used to
work for me but it doesn't any longer. I'm using ACAD2010. Others in my
office are having the same issue with other versions (2008 & up)
Reply to
chuck