i lost my express

my express menu isn't loading & my aliases aren't working. I tried to load the menu & its all this *.cui stuff in 2006. can anyone help? thanks!

Reply to
longshot

it isnt loading any pgp file???

Reply to
longshot

If memory serves me right, you have to specifically ask for Express Tools to be loaded with 2006. By default it is unchecked. Put the distribution DVD in and you will be able to add just the Express Tools.

As for your aliases, these are still in the PGP file.

Reply to
Ian A. White

If when you installed AutoCAD you chose "Typical" for the installation type then the Express Tools were not installed. To fix this put the CD back in, let the install start, choose "Custom" and when you see the tree view of the CD check only the Express Tools. If you chose "Custom" as the install option and installed everything, which by the way is the best method, then the Express Tools are loaded, they are not showing up in your default workspace. Then the issue is that you need to learn the workspace concept and how to use the CUI interface to customize your workspace. That is too long of a subject for a newsgroup thread. You need to start with the Help files and read through those. If your local Autodesk reseller offers training on customization I suggest you take that course. The workspaces and the CUI interface work very well, but they do entail a learning curve.

Reply to
dstockton