Newsgroup service "improvements"

My ISP has just announced with the following message that they have improved my usenet service by not offering it to me anymore:
We have recently upgraded our USENET service so we can deliver the highest quality of service. You will receive one free GB every month and have access to extended retention. You also have the option to sign up for a premium service.
Go here for more information, to sign up for your free account, and to sign up for a premium service:
http://bell.newshosting.com
Thank you for your continued support, The Sympatico Services Team ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To take part in the usenet I now have to subscribe to either a free service from another supplier, or to a 'premium' service from the same people for a minimum of $10/month.
The free service does not permit me to post (!), and comes with other restrictions. I've temporarily set up Google groups, and am using it now bu the interface is terrible.
Has anyone got any suggestions for me other than changing ISPs? (My last resort.)
TIA, MichaelB
Michael Bulatovich wrote:

Other than paying them the ten bucks, of course!
MichaelB http://www.michaelbulatovich.ca

change ISP why should you be held to ransom
Ransom works only when they have a hostage...they have one: my address book.
--

MichaelB
www.michaelbulatovich.ca

I meant more that changing email addresses is an unwelcome disruption of my business. It happened not to long ago when I had to change hosts. I still get the odd problem over a year later.
Now that I think about it though, all of my business email comes through my own domain, so it is totally portable to another ISP.....There are only two high-speed options here, AFAIK, and the other guy has a tarnished track record as well.
It looks like a Samuel Beckett situation.....we could hang ourselves, but our pants might fall down ; )
--

MichaelB
www.michaelbulatovich.ca

Bell's faq says they will implement this new crap may 26.
I am still using their usenet service the old way.
It is June already.
I think I am still posting messages.
What's going on?
Happy Trails wrote:

I got service until the 6th. Then only their(quoted) message appears on every group on their server.
Michael Bulatovich wrote: ...........

SYMPATHY.
Nothing is free. Capitalism is democracy in finance......
Everytime you spend a dollar you are voting. And you get to hold the election whenever you have the liquid assets to vote with.
All I can offer you is that I would feel real good about voting for another company. You make me appreciate my ISP (socket.net) which has been good forever and when they make an improvement, it is an improvement.
c'est la vie c'est la guerre
cheers
8-) ___

On Fri, 4 Aug 2006 07:57:50 -0400, "Michael Bulatovich"
But it did not filter thru to Bell till 25 hrs later ????!!!!
Other items I posted on aioe in the past few days made it immediately to Bell.
What's a possible conclusion - maybe aioe is still glitchy - dunno?
- Tom
I finally mucked in, grabbed the bread out of my starving child's hands and paid for newgroup service.
I was finding that my posts from aioe were only appearing on aioe's server.....now
"I'm back!" <imitates aging Jack Nicholson>
--

MichaelB
www.michaelbulatovich.ca