Disappearing Properties Box

In a2006 the object properties dialog box has disappeared from display area. To make the box reappear I've tried restarting the program and
I've also tried reloading acopm.arx, both suggestions from the ACAD technical solutions .html page. I know its there on the screen because I have seen small bits of it from time to time but cannot get it back to its proper place.
Anyone have an answer?