Lisp display box

anyone know of a referance i can lookup to learn how to make a dialog box with lisp.

the ultimate goal would be to create a reactor of some sort that displays the length of a line in a dialog box anytime a line/polyline is selected.

now before you start basing me i know that i can get this information from the properties dialog box, or the LIST command, but i find that i can save time when i wanna know the length of somehting by just looking at that information instead of entering an additional command to find it.

suggestions? [thinks to self: i hope i'm making myself clear ;{]

Reply to
Adam B

thanks for the info tom. all help is appreciated :)

Reply to
Adam B

I hacked this together, using one of mine to start. Select an object and the layer name is displayed in the dialog. Nothing fancy, but hopefully it will help you a little, at least.

Re-post any questions you might have about it. Read the attached files with caution! They weren't intended to be a good example, or anything, just a quick example.

Reply to
TomD