AC Bldg Mech & Zooms

Help! How do I stop this from happening? When I initiate the Bldg. Mech. commands to try and insert the duct work my drawing zooms to extents. I have to zoom window to insert my object and when I pick my insert point AC zooms back out to extents again. Ahhhh! I can not work like this!

AC should have stayed with Version 14, Softdesk S8. I hate this AC 2002 and Bldg. Mech.

Reply to
RSMorris