Laggy Object snap time

Running ADT 2.0 on Win 2k
On this one file, when i try to do anything that has the use of object snaps to an AEC entity (ie. snap line to endpoint of wall/circle to midpoint of
window) autocad laggs/mouse movement becomes choppy and autocad can't deside what snap to use (ie i have multiple snaps enabled).
i know its not because of the following possible issues:
1. to many object snaps enabled, because i typically always have these enabled and never have a problem.
2. In the options menu, under the AEC editor tab the "object snap" option for 'optimize for speed' is checked, and typically always is.
Now keep in mind i have my paper space layouts all ready and primed for me to complete the construction drawings, and if i "insert" the drawing (wblock or not) into a new drawing, i loose all the paperspace entities i've created.
i've tried making a wblock of the drawing (which retains the paperspace layout) but still has very laggy object snaps.
any suggestions for solving this issue?

snaps
(wblock
This probably isn't it, but might be worth checking on if you don't get any better responses:
What fonts are you using? I've found that AutoCAD (R14 - so maybe ADT2 is simulair) sometimes doesn't handle .ttf as well as .shx fonts.
Also, if you haven't already, purge the drawing to see if that helps. If you "insert" the drawing (wblock or not) into a new drawing, does it still lag? I realize that you'll lose your paperspace stuff but I'm just trying to narrow down what the problem might be.
GL,
Michael (LS)
michael:
purge all the time but just noticed a few entities
audit all the time no errors
office standard text for annotations and dims is romans
however i have about 50-60 aec door/window tags (a little more then typical for me) but still shouldn't be the problem.
the text for the tags is swiss721bt
yes, still laggy after i tried insert
the drawing is still workable, but i spend about 3 time the normal time i spend on snaps
any other suggestsion?

of
option
me
any
FWIW, I have found that keyboard snap entry is not noticeably slower than usual in files where the running osnaps have gone "laggy"...
--

MichaelB
www.michaelbulatovich.com

object
midpoint
can't
get
ADT2
Some have them programmed into their F keys. You could amend your PGP file.......
--

MichaelB
www.michaelbulatovich.com
Adam B wrote:

This a long shot, but check your limits. Also look for any odd things that are out of the focus are of the drawing, such as an insertion point that is extremely far out from the actual drawings.
I haven't experienced that in a while, and can't remember ever noticing an exact cause. Several years ago, though, I started being much more careful about limits, and such. That seemed to eliminate alot of 'goofy' happenings.
Tom, how far is "extremely far" (in magnitude)?
Another long shot is that there is a large number of possible , and not necessarily visible, snaps in the aperture. (Clipped xref's can have snaps beyond their clipping boundary)
--

MichaelB
www.michaelbulatovich.com
Michael Bulatovich wrote:

Sadly, I can't really quantify it. The best I could give you is 'ridiculously' far from everthing else. You know, the kind where when you do a zoom extents, you end up with a dot in each corner of the screen. ;)