Having a problem when pasting Excel into drawing

I have a spreadsheet set up to calculate the amount of roof runoff to determine the number 1000 gal. drywells would be needed on a site. I paste
it into paperspace w/o a permanent link as a spreadsheet object below the drywell detail. It works fine this way letting me click on it and edit the text. However, when I tried to pre-insert the spreadsheet into a templet, it is unselectable and thus uneditable in the new drawing. I can't even get rid of it. Does anyone know what causes this and if there's a remedy?
I also paste Soil logs from MS Word and do not have the same problem.
BTW, I'm also doing a survey of Autocad users who use MS Office. No private questions are asked Here's the link: http://www.summitcadd.com/ms_word_survey.htm Thanks,
John