Page layout

A quick question for you all. Is there a way to change your plot page setup in existing drawings without having to go through them individually. Here's what I mean. I have about 400 drawings with a page setup 11x17 which refers to an hp1120 printer. Now we have replaced the hp1120 with an hp9800 printer. Can I somehow change all of my 400 drawings to make the 11x17 page setup point to the hp9800 printer?

Reply to
Chuck Fluri

You could use a batch script program like this

Chip Harper

Reply to
Jerry G

I have to agree about the 9800. It takes forever to initialize between drawings and then the actual print time is pretty slow too, even if you have it set to it's least quality. Good idea though about fooling the software by installing an extra driver and calling it hp1120 but we still use the 1120 for a back-up.

The script idea is a good one too, I've written a script which zooms the drawing to it's limits (just for clean-up sakes) and then modifies or adds the page setup. I use Scriptpro to add drawings to run the script on. This works well but takes a little time. A good idea would be to run it at night when I'm not using my computer. Here's my script (simple stuff) maybe one of you can use it too with a bit of modification.

;------------- ZOOM WINDOW (GETVAR "LIMMIN") (GETVAR "LIMMAX") EXPERT 2

-PSETUPIN "C:/Documents and Settings/Chuck/Desktop/psetup.dwg"

11x17 EXPERT 0 QSAVE ;-------------
Reply to
Chuck Fluri

and a CLOSE at the end would be a good idea if printing more than a couple of drawings Dave DDP

Reply to
Dave Jones