Mounting quick change toolpost on Bantam question

I've decided to add a piston type quick change toolpost from Chronos (same as the Arc Euro one) to my Bantam 800 (MK1); the problem is that the current
toolpost is retained by a large diameter clamping bolt (looks to be about 1 1/4" or 32mm diameter) threaded into the top slide and there is no obvious way to mount the new toolpost, i.e. no T slots. I thought about machining a threaded plug to go into the existing hole and locking it in somehow and mounting the new toolpost to that; any other suggestions? Martin
--

Well I described the topslide completely wrong; it has a tubular boss about 1 1/4"mm diameter and perhaps 1 1/2" to 2" tall that the toolpost locates on and that is threaded to take the hold down bolt which is approximately 3/4" in diameter. I guess I'll need to bore the QCTP to receive this boss instead. If anyone's fitted one of these to a MK1 Bantam, please tell me how you did it! Martin
Martin Whybrow wrote:

Hi Martin,
Is that boss part of the topslide casting or maybe you can remove it and make up a more suitable part to fit? Must admit I did not look that closely at the tool post when we collected the machines. Bob

I've had a better look today, the boss is part of the casting and it's 1 1/2" in diameter and 1 5/8" tall. I probably should have looked a bit more closely before I bought the toolpost but I was getting fed up looking through my collection of packing trying to get on centre height with the assortment of tools I've got, most of which are more ML7 sized than Bantam sized. The lathe's going well by the way, I'm gradually working my way through the list of missing or broken parts (not too many broken bits, thankfully). Martin