Quick Jaw Change Chuck

I need a 6", three jaw, quick jaw change, power chuck.
I'm planning on checking with SMW/Autoblock. Anybody know of another good
source?
--

Dan

CNC Videos - <http://tinyurl.com/yzdt6d
Check the pricing on the jaw sets, available sets made for that chuck by other suppliers. Does your normal tool supplier carry the brand ie MSC etc. SMW became ATS at the last IMTS or so. We run the SMW chucks on Mazaks on regular and sub spindle lathes. Its amazing the amount of investment in chuck jaws that you'll have.

I used to call SMW to order the chuck jaws we needed. Now the phone is anwered ATS. SMW was the company in California that we bought the chucks from. Who Autoblock is I don't know. I had thought at the last IMTS I was told that the chuck business was sold off to ATS and SMW was into making other items. From both websites it would be hard to tell the difference.

"SMW Autoblok" I believe is a German company.

"SMW Systems" Santa Fe Springs, CA was bought by "ATS Workholding" and became "ATS Systems".
I believe the President of SMW became President of ATS Systems or something similar.
Tom
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote in wrote:

It's all a little confusing but SMW Systems was the US importer of products made by SMW Schneider & Weisshaupt. They introduced the "Ultimate Chuck" which I believe was the first quick jaw change chuck.
Autoblok is an Italian company and they recently bought SMW Schneider & Weisshaupt. ATS recently aquired SMW Systems. So now the manufacturer of the "Ultimate Chuck" is Autoblok and ATS Systems is the US importer.
Or something like that.
--

Dan

CNC Videos - <http://tinyurl.com/yzdt6d

Not too many branches in that family tree.