Ref: Rapid Traversr

Applies to Fanuc 31:
Parameter 1601 #4 RTP =    0 Blocks are overlapped in Rapid Traverse                 1 Blocks are not overlapped
Parameter 1601 #5 NCI=    0 Confirms that the specified feedrate becomes 0 (the accel/decel delay becomes 0) at delcelaration time and that the machine position has reached a specified position (the servo positional deviation is within the in-position width set by parameters #1872.
Parameter 1601 #5NCI=    1 Confirms only that the specified feedrate becomes 0 (the accelaration/deceleration delay becomes 0)at decel. time.
Parameter 1722 = Rapid Traverse feedrate ratio for overlapping rapid blocks.
Only one parameter determines the "In position zone" 1872, this actually applies to all Fanucs (not always the same parameter #)
There are quite a few parameters that describe acel/decel/time constants for contouring, threading, corners...........blah blah blah
The description that KG wrote is the way it works
Daveb
DaveB wrote:

I wouldn't argue that but there are a bunch of following error settings that effect positioning tolerances. A big bunch. There is in tthe zone and then there is in the zone within preset limits.
--

John R. Carroll
www.machiningsolution.com

Actually you can use 1826 and 1827........Feed and Rapid in position zone but you need to set 1801 #4 ,
No matter what other parameters are set or how they are set they MUST be within this bandwidth to execute the the next block Daveb
DaveB wrote:

You can also flip that over if you want. Ignored is also allowed if you want true open loop. I've seen 15's that were off location by as much as a quarter of an inch or more at speed while we dialed in the AICC parameters.
Anyway, you work with this stuff and at this exact level every day. I don't and you'd be one of the people I'd call if I needed info.
--

John R. Carroll
www.machiningsolution.com

I have never worked on any real high speed applications, so am not familiar with the problems that come up.
This is an something I gather you work with often.
Regards
Daveb
DaveB wrote:

Not really that often. What I see often is poor integration by builders that haven't much of a clue beyond iron. Have you ever worked with Andy from Anaheim? There is a guy that knows what's up.
--

John R. Carroll
www.machiningsolution.com