Ref: Rapid Traversr

Applies to Fanuc 31:

Parameter 1601 #4 RTP = 0 Blocks are overlapped in Rapid Traverse 1 Blocks are not overlapped

Parameter 1601 #5 NCI= 0 Confirms that the specified feedrate becomes

0 (the accel/decel delay becomes 0) at delcelaration time and that the machine position has reached a specified position (the servo positional deviation is within the in-position width set by parameters #1872.

Parameter 1601 #5NCI= 1 Confirms only that the specified feedrate becomes 0 (the accelaration/deceleration delay becomes 0)at decel. time.

Parameter 1722 = Rapid Traverse feedrate ratio for overlapping rapid blocks.

Only one parameter determines the "In position zone" 1872, this actually applies to all Fanucs (not always the same parameter #)

There are quite a few parameters that describe acel/decel/time constants for contouring, threading, corners...........blah blah blah

The description that KG wrote is the way it works

Daveb

Reply to
DaveB

I wouldn't argue that but there are a bunch of following error settings that effect positioning tolerances. A big bunch. There is in tthe zone and then there is in the zone within preset limits.

Reply to
John R. Carroll

Actually you can use 1826 and 1827........Feed and Rapid in position zone but you need to set 1801 #4 ,

No matter what other parameters are set or how they are set they MUST be within this bandwidth to execute the the next block Daveb

Reply to
DaveB

You can also flip that over if you want. Ignored is also allowed if you want true open loop. I've seen 15's that were off location by as much as a quarter of an inch or more at speed while we dialed in the AICC parameters.

Anyway, you work with this stuff and at this exact level every day. I don't and you'd be one of the people I'd call if I needed info.

Reply to
John R. Carroll

I have never worked on any real high speed applications, so am not familiar with the problems that come up.

This is an something I gather you work with often.

Regards

Daveb

Reply to
DaveB

Not really that often. What I see often is poor integration by builders that haven't much of a clue beyond iron. Have you ever worked with Andy from Anaheim? There is a guy that knows what's up.

Reply to
John R. Carroll