Inventor 7 and placed parts

Hello,
I am currently test driving Inventor 7 and have come across what may just be a file version level issue.
If I download a part from a website (supplier or user generated) sometimes
when I insert it into an assembly (using place component) everything acts normal, but no part is visible. If I right-click on the part in the browser I do not get the "find in window" option either. Some parts work fine, others do not. I do not use any Autodesk products now, so I can't compare revisions.
Anyone have similar issues? I am curious to know if it's my inexperience, or a possible limitation in available pre-drawn parts due to old versions of Inventor or Mech Desktop being used to create them.
TIA,
Tony
Tony,
If you haven't already, try the Autodesk discussion group for IV7

be
browser
or