Inventor 7 and placed parts

Hello,

I am currently test driving Inventor 7 and have come across what may just be a file version level issue.

If I download a part from a website (supplier or user generated) sometimes when I insert it into an assembly (using place component) everything acts normal, but no part is visible. If I right-click on the part in the browser I do not get the "find in window" option either. Some parts work fine, others do not. I do not use any Autodesk products now, so I can't compare revisions.

Anyone have similar issues? I am curious to know if it's my inexperience, or a possible limitation in available pre-drawn parts due to old versions of Inventor or Mech Desktop being used to create them.

TIA,

Tony

Reply to
A Vienneau

Tony,

If you haven't already, try the Autodesk discussion group for IV7

Howard

Reply to
hdd