joining 2 parts as 1

Hi, I am trying to create 2 separate parts, they are the front and back half of a complex casting. This way, any changes to either part will be simplier to accept and will not break my entire model, just 1 half of it. Is there any way to fuze, or join the two parts together ( using a derived part?) so that it can be treated as a single part, just as if it was developed that way from the beginning?

PS I do not want to use an assembly, it must be a part file.

Thanks Stu

Reply to
Stuart GRAHAM

"Stuart GRAHAM" a écrit dans le message de news: snipped-for-privacy@posting.google.com... Is there any way to fuze, or join the two parts together (

New part/ Insert part - 1st half, Insert part - 2nd half / position the second half.

Reply to
Jean Marc BRUN

I assume that you have investigated "Creating a Joined Part" from the help since you do not want an assembly. But, if an assembly is not totally out of the question, this is another option. It will create 1 part of the 2 parts joined together. It just requires an assembly to get it done.

Reply to
Seth Renigar