Just getting used to online forums, and then .....

Because Usenet seems to be dying, I figured I'd better get used to online forums. Registered at FSM's site, and started participating in forums, especially the Airliner and Civil Aircraft section. Tried to log in today, and they've completely redone forums, apparently all old threads are gone! ARgghh!

Reply to
Don Stauffer

That happens a lot to volunteer run groups. They have to move to the cheapest provider and sometimes they don't pack their bags... However, you would have thought FSM would have had the brains to keep the data. I knew they were doing a re-jig of the web site. Hopefully the data is not -gone-, just temporarily lost. I belong to a couple of mailing lists that support the Alps printer I use for printing decals. A very useful, (prints white), but very, very weird little machine. The threads in the lists go wayyyyyyy back and are priceless for keeping things running and solving screw-ups

Reply to
R. Franklin

on 12/8/2009 10:20 AM (ET) Don Stauffer wrote the following:

I don't find usenet to be dying. Free usenet access by ISPs are being killed off, therefore people who don't want to spend any money, just don't use it.. I spend less than the cost of a pack of cigarettes a month for a pay service with a binary download maximum that I never use more of than 50% and most times less than 25% a month. I also subscribe to groups that have hundreds of messages a day.

Reply to
willshak

The groups I used to frequent, like RMS, also used to have hundreds of messages a day. Now, like this group, they are down to a handful, and half of that is spam.

Reply to
Don Stauffer