No license for COSMOWorks?

Recently, I was asked to upgrade the laptop used by one of our engineers. I took the opportunity to upgrade our engineering server at the same time. As we had an uninstalled newer version of SolidWorks, I planned the upgrade from 2007 to 2008. Given the state of flux that laptops are in at this time, I opted for a =D764 laptop.

I updated the server and installed SolidWorks=92 License manager using the 2008 DVDs. I upgraded our license file and installed that (SolidWorks 2008 Office Premium). It shows appropriate licensing for versions 2007 and 2008. All existing installations of SolidWorks (e.g.

32bit 2007) were changed over to the new license server and run all programs without problems.

I installed =D764 bit SolidWorks and all accompanying programs onto the laptop (O/S is Vista =D764 Business). Once registered to the new license server, SolidWorks starts up and runs fine.

Now here=92s the issue=85 when starting =D764 COSMOWorks, first I get an obscure error dialogue that states:

Error Unexpected error; quitting.

No options are available other than to close this error dialogue. Whether closed or not, I then get:

COSMOWorks COSMOWorks authorization failed. Please check License Administrator tool in the COSMOWorks Program Group.

There is no =91License Administrator=92 in the COSMOWorks program group. It is in the SolidWorks folder under a subfolder named =91SolidWorks Tools=92. It shows an available license free in the product list for SolidWorks Office Professional.

So just where have I fouled things up here?

Reply to
google

Before 2008, COSMOS used a completely separate license manager. You'll need to talk with your VAR in order to get the licenses combined. You may have to sign an agreement stating that you'll disable the old COSMOS license manager before being converted to the new licensing model.

Reply to
jim.zink

Thanks heaps! I'll get on to them right away.

Best regards

Reply to
google