Export to 3d Studio Max

Just looking for a way to get my Solidworks parts into 3D Studio Max 5.1. Hopefully a .3DS export? DXF would work too. Xchangeworks took over my system last time I tried it, so now I'm scared :). Free is always a good thing.

Reply to
Michael Grassmyer

STL seems to work pretty good

Krister L

Michael Grassmyer skrev i diskussionsgruppsmeddelandet:Fw9wb.85222$ snipped-for-privacy@twister.rdc-kc.rr.com...

Reply to
Krister L

Reply to
kellnerp

can buy a 3ds export here.

i don't work for them.

Reply to
Sean Phillips

I have also used stl without problems.

Reply to
Markku Lehtola

Although you can use STL file, you have much better control of the file size and mesh with 3D file converter. It is designed to save SW parts and assemblies to many formats,

3DS, LWO,RAW, OBJ

see and try it at

Thanks, Michael

P.S I do work for them...LOL

Reply to
Baren-Boym Company

Max has an IGES importer available as an add-in.

Reply to
Mark Biasotti