Export to 3d Studio Max

Just looking for a way to get my Solidworks parts into 3D Studio Max 5.1.
Hopefully a .3DS export? DXF would work too. Xchangeworks took over my
system last time I tried it, so now I'm scared :). Free is always a good
thing.
Reply to
Michael Grassmyer
STL seems to work pretty good
Krister L
Michael Grassmyer skrev i diskussionsgruppsmeddelandet:Fw9wb.85222$ snipped-for-privacy@twister.rdc-kc.rr.com...
Reply to
Krister L
YOu might want to do a google search. This has been discussed before.
Michael Grassmyer wrote:
Reply to
kellnerp
can buy a 3ds export here.
i don't work for them.
Reply to
Sean Phillips
I have also used stl without problems.
Reply to
Markku Lehtola
Although you can use STL file, you have much better control of the file size and mesh with 3D file converter. It is designed to save SW parts and assemblies to many formats,
3DS, LWO,RAW, OBJ
see and try it at

Thanks, Michael
P.S I do work for them...LOL
Reply to
Baren-Boym Company
Max has an IGES importer available as an add-in.
Reply to
Mark Biasotti