Diagonal lines

Can anyone explain to me how to understand how to interperate diagonal lines on a drawing. When I try to find reference lines with a pair of dividers on the front view they don't match the curved lines on the diagonal shaye under the elevation

Reply to
brnfndlr

on 12/3/2008 4:54 AM snipped-for-privacy@googlemail.com said the following:

Need more information.

Reply to
willshak

Are you talking about ship hull lines? The diagonals in those mean something different than in ordinary machine drafting.

Reply to
Don Stauffer

I think I know what you are talking about. I have a drawing of a 12 Meter yacht ( that I hope to some day ) carve out of balsa wood.

You have to think 3 dimensional ... even though the drawing is 2 dimensional.

( It gives me a headache when I try to do this )

The lines from the front view are the same lines on the side view ... but from a different angle.

The lines from either front ... or side ... are just a cross-section view .

Don't know if that helped any.

Chris

Reply to
CCBlack