Produce Transparent Clear Cards, www.cards-mart.com

Card designs are the front line image of your business. And since most of us will judge a business by their image (consciously or unconsciously), it is imperative that your business card portrays professionalism and high quality. Think about it... how many times have you taken a second look at a business card? How many times have you judged a business based on the "LOOK" of their business card - even before you knew what they were all about?

It is also important to remember that, often your customers will associate the attention put on your image with the attention put on your products and services.

We can design, print and deliver plastic cards which always command the visual attention of viewers. Moreover, the quality material used to make our cards, as well as our printing process ensures that your cards will "feel" as great as they look!

We provides litho printing on frosted plastic cards, transparent cards, translucent cards, and clear plastic cards, with a faux frosted look using tint screens, spot colors and 4-color process for a unique appearance. Clear cards gained popularity due to the kinds of special effects that are incorporated into the design. We helps client projects stand out and a part from their competitors.

Frosted Plastic Cards aren't just for Plastic Business Cards. We commonly print Clear and Frosted Electronic Gift Cards, Credit/Debit Cards, Plastic Membership Cards, and Plastic VIP Cards. Our Frosted Plastic Card stock is available with high and low corsivity magnetic strip encoding.

Reply to
cartsmart003

On Dec 1, 4:10=A0am, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote a long ad: All very well and good, but what kind of glue can I use to attach them to my models? And how well will they take paint?

Reply to
eyeball

I use CA. Some will take paint reasonably well, most do not. I use old IBM punch cards for stock that I will paint. It has a plastic coating (to avoid moisture-induced changes in dimension) so it primes and paints well. It also holds embossing well, so I can emboss rivet heads with a ball point pen. My stock is disappearing, though.

I had a reasonable supply of business cards. Every time we would move, to a new mail-stop, or every time the phone extension would change, I'd need new cards. That happened often enough that I'd collect quite a supply.

While I DO use them for material for models, my favorite uses for old business cards are two;

One- I put down little dubs of gel CA on them, then use a toothpick to put it in just the right spot on the model or subassembly.

Two- when dry brushing, I daub the brush in the paint, then swirl the bristles on the back of a business card. Dries out the brush. Then, when ready to put more paint on brush, I pick it up from residual paint on card rather than from the paint jar again. Sure, it dries fast spread out that way, but then an occasional dip in the jar renews the patch on the card.

I do this enough that I am going through the stack of old cards and the stack is shrinking drastically. Since I have been retired for eight years the stack will not grow much. When I get business cards from people or businesses I am not really interested in, they go in the stack, but the stack is definitely shrinking, not growing.

Reply to
Don Stauffer

I had a bunch of plastic sheets leftover from a toy a nephew had about

15 years ago. It was a psuedo-vac form machine, hand pumped and could only form basic shapes so no good for modeling, but the sheets were styrene. I think I finally used them up this past year.
Reply to
eyeball

snip

That sure sounds like the famous Mattel vacu-form! It could do many model parts, including canopies! I really treasure mine. They are going for good bucks on eBay.

I have made engine cowls, spinners, parts of car bodies, and of course, canopies.

Reply to
Don Stauffer

Nope, I wish it had been the mattel. It was a very cheap little toy that came from a dept store for about $10 called Vac-U-former. The biggest (and only) model part I managed to make from it was a clear headlight for a model car. That took about 6 tries and I gave up and let me nephew have at it for fun. The lower pics on this page:

eyeball