As machined / As Welded - newbee

I don't understand the difference between the "as machined" configuration and the "as welded" one. Why those two conf? For what use? I would like to understand to better organise my welded parts family. The parent config should be the part on which I work and the childs are only different with lenght of weldment profiles. Thanx, Ronan

Reply to
Ronan

When you start the weldment feature in SolidWorks, it creates the two configs as you have seen. It is rather nice actually to have them. The "As Machined" config you can have set up to show all "machined" features on your weldment. The derived config "As Welded" lets you suppress all the "machined" features and lets you see the weldment in the welded state, just prior to machining. I hope this makes it clearer for you. If you do not want the machined config or welded config, you can rename them as you please. Sounds like to me you would have your configs either of two ways:1)Parent config with several derived configs all with different lengths of members or 2)Several Configs all with different lengths of members. Is this right? Or am I missing the picture?

All in all I hope this answers your question about the machined/welded config/derived config.

mrcswp at gmail dot com

Reply to
mrcswp

Before I got something like that (I use french release): Default 1865 2 895 902,5

740x2000 740x2500 2865 4 697,5 935 740x3000

As I understand what you say, there is no special functionnality for Solidworks in the As Machined/As Welded default conf, I created the followed configurations that better fit my needs (740x2000, 740x2500,

740x3000 are children of default): Default 1865 2 895 902,5 740x2000 1865 2 895 902,5 Default 740x2500 2365 3 790 861 Default 740x3000 2865 4 697,5 935 Default

I am glad that there is no need to use the As Machined/As Welded conf system.

Your gessing is right. Thanx, Ronan

mrcswp wrote:

Reply to
Ronan

Correct. If you do not have the need to show the machined surfaces, or or othe features. There is no need for the as machined/as welded configs.

Reply to
mrcswp