Assembly Weldment

I am rather new to Works, I have worked in SolidEdge and ProE for 5 years now.

I am trying to create a fabricated bracket. I have several rings and tubes that I would like to have welded together. Then once I have the weldment created I would like to open that assembly in the part environment and add my drilled holes and cutouts. Is there a workflow to do this?

In SolidEdge I would just tag the assembly as a weldment, then it could be opened in the part environment for all the post welding operations. I like this workflow because it maintains all the linkages between the weldment and final machining. If I want to change a relationship in the weldment, the machined part is automatically updated.

Thanks, Dan Brownson

Reply to
dbrownson

Dan,

Did you tried us> I am rather new to Works, I have worked in SolidEdge and ProE for 5 > years now.

Reply to
Engineer