OS46FX and OS 46AX

As my son learns to fly the backplate and needle on my favourite OS46FX are almost becoming a 'comsumable item' and it's a pain in the tail that they're a cast item and both need to be replaced at the same time in the event of an interesting arrival back to earth. Trawling the Net I can't find an answer to the query of whether the backplate and needle from the 46AX will fit the 46FX. Anybody tried it or have any comments as to why/why not. Cheers from Oz.

Not on topic, but if you haven't destroyed the backplate, just saw the needle assembly off and zip tie it somewhere accessible. After your son becomes a little more crashproof, you can buy the whole assembly again.
Rein
<DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>As my son learns to fly the backplate and needle on my favourite OS46FX are almost becoming a 'comsumable item' and it's a&nbsp;pain in the tail that they're a cast item and both need to be replaced at the same time in the event of an interesting arrival back to earth.&nbsp; Trawling the Net I can't find an answer to the query of whether the backplate and needle from the 46AX will fit the 46FX.&nbsp; Anybody tried it or have any comments as to why/why not.&nbsp; Cheers from Oz.</FONT></DIV></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>
------=
Why not call Tower, the distributor of OS engines, and ask them?? They could at least point you in the right direction if not answer your question outright.
Jim W
As my son learns to fly the backplate and needle on my favourite OS46FX are almost becoming a 'comsumable item' and it's a pain in the tail that they're a cast item and both need to be replaced at the same time in the event of an interesting arrival back to earth. Trawling the Net I can't find an answer to the query of whether the backplate and needle from the 46AX will fit the 46FX. Anybody tried it or have any comments as to why/why not. Cheers from Oz.
Thanks Jim but calling from Australia isn't warranted for something like this. I do buy from Tower and have always had good service but they're not going to upset their OS relationship by suggesting ways to buy less!! Cheers from Oz.

are
they're
an
answer
the
from
Sorry, didn't realize you were in Aussie land. I have a bad habit of not reading the email addresses of posters so I get what I deserve.

of
Clive,
You can order a remote needle from Fox that will eliminate the problem. This one comes with a sheet metal bracket that can be screwed down in any convenient location.
-- Paul McIntosh http://www.rc-bearings.com

of
"Clive Bendun" clive snipped-for-privacy@optusnet.com.au wrote

Clive, The OS 46 AX backplate, remote needle valve, and needle valve bracket are seperate items. The backplate is the same as you would find on a engine with the needle valve in the carb. The needle valve bracket is a flat sheet metal piece that the needle valve assembly is attached to with 2 screws. One of the holes where the bracket bolts to the backplate is enlongated so the bracket should fit more than just the 46AX.
Depending on how your FX backplates have broken you might just need the AX needle assembly and bracket. Assuming that you have a suitable FX backplate the AX remote needle and bracket assembly is available as a replacement part. The OS part # is 24681900 - Needle Valve Unit Assembly, according to my AX manual. This assembly contains all of the parts you will need as long as you have a usable backplate.
I have taken a couple of digital pictures of the AX remote needle and bracket. I will send them to your e-mail address seperately so you can actually see the parts.
Hope this helps Ken Barnes
I ( snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (KEN BARNES)) wrote:

Assuming that you have a suitable FX backplate the AX remote needle and bracket assembly is available as a replacement part. The OS part # is 24681900 - Needle Valve Unit Assembly, according to my AX manual. This assembly contains all of the parts you will need as long as you have a usable backplate. (deleted)<
I misread the parts description in the 46AX manual. The mounting bracket is NOT part of the needle valve Unit Assembly. The correct part numbers and descriptions are as follows..
Remote Needle Valve Assembly - OS part # 24681900 Needle Valve Unit Assembly Mounting Bracket - OS part # 24682930 Needle Stay
You would need both of these items to mount the AX needle valve to your FX engine.
Sorry about that Ken Barnes
Check the OS web site and send yr question to them. They are very responsive. http://www.osengines.com/index.html Gord Schindler MAAC6694