Edit Attachment of 3D dimension

Ok. So I have two drafted walls on a cube. I then put a .02 radius up one edge. I went to the drawing and tried "show dimension by view" and it gives me nothing. I dug around and found the "allow_3d_dimensions" drawing option.

Set it to "yes" and wow, now the radius value shows up on the view. BUT! I want to move arrow to a different location (ie there are multiple edges selected in the radius tool, I want the leader attached to a different one) but it won't let me.

The "edit attachement" option is there, but it won't change attachments.

I have noticed that the leader is attached to the first edge selected in the radius tool. However, I can't figure out how to "reorder" or "move up" an item on the list so that it would be in the first position and get the leader.

What would you do? (And don't tell me to just add a new dimension manually to the view) Also, unselecting all the edges and reselecting them in a different order causes rebuilt errors. There has to be a way to do it right.

Reply to
Aggrevated

Well, you've figured out a lot more about this than I ever knew. But, if your only real problem is getting the dimension to attach to a particular reference in a set, there's a couple things you can do. First you could 'Remove' edge references, starting at the top, until you get to the edge reference you want to 'Show' the value, then add them back; they'll go to the end of the list. Or, instead of making a single set with multiple references, make several sets, each of which will show its own dim refs. This might be the simplest way as it involves NOT doing something, i.e., not holding down the Ctrl key.

David Janes

Reply to
Janes

Create a leader note: R&d##

Wouldn't dream of it. Dimensioning a view entity with an AD will probably show an incorrect value.

I'm not sure what qualifies as 'right', but is it worth contemplating without a specific data set to examine? How were the edge chains created? Implied, One by one, Tangent , ...? Does it matter?

After a brief look ... [1] I don't think feature creation pick point / edge segment has any bearing on the Shown Dimension attachment face. [2] I can edit attachment on one Round feat Shown Dimension, moving it to a different feature face, and can not on another.

Sorry, no help from this corner. Sounds like one for the 'real' tech support guys, if anyone.

Reply to
gluteous maximus equus

and after another, it looks like you might be able to get what you want if you'll make the desired edge segment a discrete Set within the feature. A lot of trouble to go to though ...

Reply to
gluteous maximus equus

Yeah what a huge PITA. Sure would be nice if the built in "edit attachment" feature just "worked". I guess that's too much to ask.

I think the best route is the leader note R&D## mentioned earlier.

Reply to
Aggrevated