Dragging and droping parts from the Design Library

Help.
I've got an extensive parts library built up that I've got all set up in the design library folders. I'm running into a problem which
significantly reduces the usability of the parts. Every time I drag a part from the design library into an assembly that already has a copy of that part I get a window which asks "a document named xxxx.sldprt is already opened. Do you want to show this already opened document?".
The problem the part doesn't visually appear so you can toggle the orientation with the tab key like I've been able to do all along.
Any ideas as to what is wrong and how to fix this?
Thanks,
Chris
I don't have any ideas here as mine appears to work properly. SW2006 SP2.0.
WT

I'm still on 2005 but this is a real pain. Seems to be inconsistent in it's behavior.
Anybody out there experience this?
cd
I have the same problem here and the only solution I have been able to come up with is to suppress all the parts that you inserted and then it will insert the part again ok.
There's got to be a better way.
The only time this happens to me is when I copy all the parts in the assembly into another location because it's been rev'd up (I keep all old assemblies in "rev folders") If I copy the assembly using the "find references" option it will copy (ALL) the parts in the assembly from my design library to the new location too. I guess solidworks then thinks they are just parts in the assembly and not from the design library.

Ah hah, it sounds like you have an assy that is referencing a part file that lost its reference to your library, so when you try to drop in another copy, it balks at the same name insertion. If that's the case, maybe you could look at changing the existing parts to again reference the library parts.
WT

It's odd because it's not consistant. There is something quirky in this assembly and for the life of me I have no idea what it is.
Starting a new assembly allows the dragging and dropping to work just fine.
Sigh.
Thanks for the feedback
Chris