Library Feature help

Hi, I've not used library features much - but i now have a project that may need them - unless you guys know of a better way!

I have to design a number of flat plates that have a number of "U" shaped channels on their surface to carry fluid.

I thought the best way to prduce these features would be to sweep the profile along a path and instead of having to re create the profile sketch for every path (start plane and orientation not same for each channel) I could insert the profile as a library feature.

The problem I am having is creating a library part that is easily positionable in the plane and position I need it to be.

It's probably just my lack of knowledge on how the library feature is created - but the help file is not that detailed.

Any advice kndly accepted.

Thanks Kev

Reply to
alphawave

Kev,

Is there any specific requirement of using the design library feature. You can also try using configurations.

Deepak

Reply to
Engineer