Pulling out the Part Number from a design table into a drawing

Good day to all,

I have just started using design tables for configuring a turned part. The model configuration works well and I can build my different parts through the design table Each configuration 1 make will generate a new part name and number

I would like to store the part name, part number and other comments into the design table and then pull this information out into the drawing.

Could someone give me a couple tips on how this is accomplished?

Thanks for any help,

Andy Kveps

Reply to
mshop

Make them custom properties - that way you can easily get to that info from either direction.

WT

Reply to
Wayne Tiffany

You can display your design table directly in your drawing. It requires some formatting of the table to make it look right, but basically this is the process. Click on any view to make it active then click on Insert/Tables/Design Tables. Your table will then display in your drawing. Drag it to where you want it to display. The "Help" in SolidWorks is pretty good on this; go to Help/Index/Drawings/ design tables.

Reply to
bitweaver

Use the custom property. How would the part number be in the DT without first being a config-specific custom property?

Reply to
That70sTick