Rotate a Library Feature

Is there no way to rotate a library feature other than creating the sketch with enough flexibility that the references will rotate it? (using no horizontal or vertical relations, only parallel/perpendicular).

Sheet metal forming tools can be rotated on placement. What am I missing?

matt

Reply to
matt

Try using the "Modify Sketch" tool.

Reply to
Rob Rodriguez

not available for the top level library feature.

you can do it for the first feature, but if you have multiple features inside the library feature, the other features won't rotate as well.

Modify Sketch works for forming tools.

Reply to
matt

If the "other" features in your multi level library feature are related (or dimensioned) to only the top level feature then the modify sketch tool should work fine.

You probably already know this and I'm not sure that information is a lot of help but if its possible to plan your feature per the information it might be useful.

Of course it would be better if the software was able to adapt rather than force the user too. Something like "removing the CAD overhead so you're free to concentrate on the design". Now, where have I heard that before. :)

Reply to
Rob Rodriguez