RE:Sheet Metal??

I have a rubber gasket that's a 3" inside diameter tube with 1/16" wall and interlocking fingers at the ends. I've built it using a
sketch/revolve and then used an cut-extrude to make the fingers. Is there a way to flatten the gasket using insert>sheet metal>???? or some other command. Is there a way to build the part using sheet metal. SWX is 2007 SP3 R. Wink
yes, as long as the sheetmetal feature has a vertical straight edge to grab.

Insert --> Sheet metal --> Bends
Didn't work. This is a true tube with no vertical or horizontal walls. I made a sketch on the right plane and inserted an axis on the origan. I then revolved the sketch around the axis. Since I didn't have a true surface to work with, I made a sketch of the fingers on the top plane, offset cut extrude to make the resultant fingers in the tube. Because the finger sketch is on either side of the origin the only vertical surfaces I have now are the ends of the fingers. When I inest>sheet metal>bends and pick the vertical surfaces of the fingers, SWX informs me that "No bends are found" and "This process-bend feature failed due to the failure of the flatten-bends3" What's Wrong tells me the feature is inapproprate and to pick the top or bottom surface BUT they're curved.
I would appear that using sheet metal, SWX can't make a true tube and flatten it, particularly with the ends overlap into each other. R. Wink
On Fri, 8 Jan 2010 09:42:21 -0800 (PST), That70sTick
yes, it can you will need to leave a small straight edge though.