Library Features

I need to be able to put a dimple feature on a sheet metal part. I noticed the the supplied library 'dimple' is a .sldprt (under Design Library>forming tools>embosses) and when placed on the model it becomes a static feature. I looked through all the help stuff on Library Features and saw that I needed to create the dimple as a .sldlfp in order to set it up so that each inserted dimple feature references the dimple.sldlfp part. The reason I need to do so is that I may need to change the dimple feature later on and want them all to update when I change the library feature part.

The issues I'm having is figuring out references. I cannot get the feature to orient correctly, and I cannot figure out reference dimensions. I noticed that all the forming tools are .sldprt files and all the sheetmetal cutouts (under the features folder) are .sldlfp files. Why is SolidWorks supplying both for features?

Reply to
Jeff N