Library Features and Smart Components

I've seen and created some cool library features in the past. At one point I worked for an optical manufacturer and came up with a library feature that allowed you to bounce a beam of light off of mirrors, and would model the path as you went.

Does anyone have any cool library features you use or would like to share? Or ideas for library features you would like help developing?

Or how about Smart Components? That is some potentially useful functionality I haven't had much practical use for yet. Anyone have comments on this stuff?

Matt

Reply to
matt

Not a library feature but.

I wrote an Excel VBA project that makes a catalog of SW files based on custom properties. This lets you make a document that lists everything in a specified folder. It dosen't require running SW or even having it installed. I can send you a copy if you want to take a look. I haven't figured out how to write back to the files but that would be handy for improving nomenclature consistency.

I've done some optics design work and use a small sketch block shape related to a point and tangent to control ray reflection. A similar block can also control refraction. You can use these things to drag ray's around a sketch optimize and find focus points etc. I used this to create an optically correct frenel lens. (exporting the SW model to raytracing software showed that it worked just fine) Do you have any of the optics features you mention above available to share? Does your tool work in 3D?

Reply to
cr

That sounds very interesting. If you could post it somewhere or send it along, I'd appreciate it.

I have long since lost the library feature, but I'm sure I could recreate it. Yes, it worked in 3D. I didn't have it set up to do refraction, but I suppose there isn't any reason why it couldn't. I'll work on putting it together and maybe we could trades stuff.

Matt

Reply to
matt

Here is a link for the custom properties project.

This is the only link that is active just now. I will get the other items packaged up in a day or so.

Trading sounds great! I'll see what else I've got here on the old hard drive.

Chris

Reply to
cr