high resolution laser printing

I have an application where I need to padprint text and graphics on plastic housings. I need a high resolution image of the text/graphic to
be printed on matte film. Can I get better than 1200X1200 resolution on a laser printer? Has anyone had any experience with this? Thanks.
Arif Oguz Roselle, IL
arif wrote:

When better than 600x600dpi is required I used to get a graphics house to output the image on their imagesetter at 3600x3600dpi. They should be able to print from PDF or tiff but it will only be mono. They maybe able to print directly to film if that is what you need.
Mark P. Queensland, Australia