Simple loft feature failed again.

Greetings;

I wish to create a simple loft consist of two cicles profiles along an spline guide curve as shown similuting the curve of the fingers that will rest on this feature. Unfortunately I receive an error message "Guide curve No. 1 is invalid. It does not intersect with section No.

1" I did constraint the center of each cicle to coincide with the Spline endpoints. Am I still missing something here?

I also realize that there isn't a loft feature for a cut. It's only availble for a boss. If this is the case, how would you create a loft cut?

Does anyone have a fail-safe technic that would guaranty a success loft?

Thanks for your time and help.

Paul

John

Actually there is a Loft Cut feature, it's just not on the toolbar. You can add it by customizing your toolbar and adding the button.

Richard

Reply to
Richard Charney

Or pull it out of the menu. Insert, cut, loft should be there.

Reply to
Dale Dunn

Double check that the sketch planes for the circles really DO intersect the guide curve. A quick check might be to try using a pierce constraint instead of a coincident constraint. If the pierce fails you can be ceratian your sketch plane does not intersect the guide curve, just as SWX is telling you. Also, measure the distance between the end of the guide curve to your sketch plane.

I am willing to bet that the problem is exactly what SWX is saying the problem is.

Reply to
Arlin

Thank you all for your help.

Sorry, I completely forget there is an "Insert" menu feature.

I did check the plane that I am sketching on. It is perpendicular to the endpoints of the Guide curve. I create the sketching plane using the Insert - References Geometry - Planes - Normal to curve and Select the Guide curve near its endpoint.

For some reason, I don't have a Pierce constraint. All I have is Concentric or Coincident. Am I missing something?

Reply to
John

David Janes

Reply to
David Janes

You could always try the 'Centerline Parameters' option instead of Guide Curves.

Mike Wilson

Reply to
Mike J. Wilson

Thanks, Mike, the "centerline parameters" works beautifully. I wish that I know this option earlier.

Intead of inserting a sketch point to the circle circumference, I sketch a centerline from the center of the circle to the circumference. This allow me to have the Pierce constraint option.

Once again thank you all for your time and help.

Reply to
John