Fujitsu LifeBook N3010 and RADEON 9000 & SolidWorks

Does anyone have experience running SolidWorks on Fujitsu's LifeBook N3010? I has an ATI Mobility RADEON 9000 with 64 MB of dedicated video memory which looks tempting, considering the $1399 price for this notebook. Thanks Fred

Reply to
Fred

I can tell you from experience ATI's do not work good at all with SolidWorks...get one with nvidia, preferrably wioth Quadro GO card.

Todd

Reply to
Todd

Agree with the Quadro card - I have a Nvidia 440go in a Dell Latitude and it does the odd annoying thing with SW and I have had no success with the Softquadro patches as yet (although Mike Wilson has posted some excellent stuff on it - downloading the various drivers is too much of a pain on a 56K modem!). Look at some of the Dell resellers (in the UK we have EuroPC

and budget-IT
both of whom have good spec Dell M50's with three year RTB warranties for sensible prices - a friend got a 2.4Ghz, 1Gb RAM, Quadro 550go card for around £1400 (1800 euros/dollars) and is over the moon with it. The screens are also nice at

Reply to
Deri Jones

I use an acer 800lci centrino with the ati 9000. I also was a little sceptical about ati, but it works without problems now. I had a problem with locking op the whole system in sw 2003(remove battery to restart) . i downloaded the newest drivers and now everything works great.

regards Bram "Fred" schreef in bericht news: snipped-for-privacy@posting.google.com...

Reply to
B. van Welzenis