Different colors for different parts in a drawing sheet?

Hello All,
Sorry for the stupid question, but I don't a whole lot of drawings.
I would like to show a cross-section and show the different parts using
thier own (or others) colors.
Is this possible?
TIA,
Muggs
--
Change "home" to"comcast" to reply
Reply to
Hello All,
Sorry for the stupid question, but I don't a whole lot of drawings. I would like to show a cross-section and show the different parts using thier own (or others) colors. Is this possible?
TIA, Muggs -- Change "home" to"comcast" to reply
Reply to
Muggs
Yup it's possible
Just set up layers in the drawing file and change parts to different layers with differing colours. Note there is a bug or was a bug, if you do a detail view of a section view the colours don't match the section view (random colours) I have an SPR for this. SolidWorks came back saying it's fixed in SWX 2006!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I don't think they plan on fixing it at all in SWX2005
But if you don't need details of sections it should work just fine.
Regards
John Layne
Reply to
John Layne
Thanks John! That will do what I need.
Muggs
"John Layne"
Reply to
Muggs
Shaded views will work as well. At least you won't have to manually set up the layers. I think that there was a macro at
to automate the layer creation and assigning random colors to the wireframes, but that site is no longer available and I can't remamber where I saved the macro.
Ken
Reply to
Tin Man
Matt's got a 'Colorize' macro that will random change parts in assy's to random colors... I haven't tried it.
.002¢
T> Shaded views will work as well. At least you won't have to manually set
Reply to
whit