Plastic bottle threads

Hello All,

I was wondering if anyone had any plasic bottle thread knowlage. I'm trying to find some information on a specific type of thread. For example a Skippy peanut butter jar has a single lead thread going appoxamatly 405 degrees (slight overlap), and has a marking "CC4". I'm assuming (by the looks of the jar) that the threaded part of the blowmold can be inserted into many different types of jars, and that the CC4 designation refers to the type and configuration of the thread. If anyone can point my to a good surce to be able to get this information, I would be very greatful. BTW, the designation that I'm looking for is "3D", and is 6 lead 1/4 turn thread.

TIA, Muggs

-- Change "home" to"comcast" to reply

Reply to
Muggs

"Closure manufacturers association" Have fun looking for the correct bottle top.

Perhaps a phone call to them might get you straight to the correct standard.

TTFN

Jonathan

Reply to
jjs

Thanks Jonathan, That's the website that I had tried to think of. I think The Other Paul (TOP) mentioned it one time.

Thanks again. I think I'll give them a call.

Muggs

Reply to
Muggs

You could try here

I have used this chart for years and never had a problem.

It is a big download (18mb)and the above address takes you to it,

Regards

Brian Law

Reply to
Brian Law

I wonder if someone else put the pages "together" in a more readable pdf format?

Probably not.

Bo

Reply to
Bonobo