Best thing since pockets on a tee shirt

I really, really like my auto darkening welding helmet. What's your favorite most handy tool ? Ron

Reply to
Ron Coffey

I gotta think it's my B&D rechargable 3/8" drill. Being free from having to locate, untangle and rewind an extension cord just to drill one pissant little hole somewhere is a distinct pleasure.

Lately, my pair of "Boa" strap wrenches is running a close second in making tough jobs easy. It's really amazing how much torque they can apply to something without damaging it. I bought several sets from HF for stocking stuffers this year.

Just last week those strap wrenches loosened the lid of an old plastic Skippy peanut butter jar I'd stored some residual wall paint in. The lid threads were stuck with dried up paint, but it was duck soup to bust it loose using one wrench on the jar and the other on the cap.(And SWMBO keeping a hand on the jar for me just in case it decided to take off.)

Jeff

-- Jeff Wisnia (W1BSV + Brass Rat '57 EE)

Jeff Wisnia

I got a cheapy one and the father-in-law ripped it off , which is ok. Its a toss up from a Estwing brick hammer or my Stihl quickie saw.

BTW, can I use it to chop the cast iron sewer line in front of my house ? I'm a little concerned with the methane and all the sparks.

Reply to
Sunworshiper

Just caught a good plumber before he left town , no big deal with the sparks , but said to keep digging to run into clay pile which should be about right beyond the hole. Fun fun fun.

Reply to
Sunworshiper

a dremel tool.. you can do just about anything with it... and if you dont have the cut off tools you can make them with my mini lathe.....

Reply to
jim