M11 x 1.5 in Hole Wizard - Not

Hello All,

Sorry if this has been asked before, but I couldn't find it.

I have the need to create a hole using Hole Wizard that is a metric tap size M11 x 1.5, but Hole Wizard has only M10 and M12. So my question: Can I somehow set up hole wizard to show a M11 x 1.5 hole by "tweaking" the Hole Wizard file (whatever & wherever that is)? Or, is there a better way to do this?

TIA, Muggs

-- Change "home" to"comcast" to reply

Reply to
Muggs

If you have to do it once or twice, just make your tap drill and apply your own custom thread. If you need to do it a lot, I think you have to make your own standard, then figure out how many tables to add the M11 to. Hopefully someone can tell you specifically.

Reply to
Dale Dunn

"Muggs" a écrit dans le message de news: snipped-for-privacy@comcast.com...

???? M11 ???? I've been in metrics all my life and never seen one. The standard is M10 (x1.5) and M12(x1.75), why add one you will not find any tool to make?

Reply to
Jean Marc BRUN

Use legacy

Reply to
Markku Lehtola

Jean Marc, Thanks for your "insight", I realize that it is a non standard tap size, but come on, don't embarrass yourself by saying "you will not find any tool to make". McMaster-Carr has more than enough for both of us IN STOCK (Page 2240 of their latest catalog). This is for an intake manifold for a VW VR-6 and the mass air sensor is a STANDARD 11 x 1.5 thread.

Muggs

Reply to
Muggs

"Muggs" a écrit dans le message de news: snipped-for-privacy@comcast.com...

OOPS, it's not on my '1967 Omaro thread slider... And not on any tool catalog I've read.

Thanks, I can now say "I know were there is a M11 thread". I would never imagine the need of an intermediate between M10 and M12. I get it: I must be to prevent from putting a standard screw in there.

Anybody knows a 1/3 inch thread? Don't want to be stupid on that one.

Reply to
Jean Marc BRUN

Muggs,

You could create a custom standard and add the M11 x 1.5 to your "Hole Wizard Holes" category under the standard.

The option can be found under Tools->Options->System Options->Data Options->Edit Standards Data...

You have to create a new standard derived from Ansi Metric, then modify it from there. Last I checked, the Ansi Metric standard is read-only.

Hope this helps.

Ricky Jordan CSWP Dynetics, Inc.

Muggs wrote:

"tweaking" the