3DxWare add-in not shown in SolidWorks 2005 Add-ins

I can't seem to see the add-in for 3DxWare (to enable my spaceball

4000FLX) in the SolidWorks Add-ins.

I installed 2005 yesterday. I installed SolidWorks SP1.1. I installed the new drivers from 3DConnexion (1-3-0).

The 3Dxware driver is loaded and running. I just can't see the add-in in SolidWorks.

Please advise...

Thanks.

Reply to
timify10

Have you installed both sets of drivers? I believe there is the windows spaceware driver you install first, then the SolidWorks add-in.

Reply to
rmontminy

The drivers on the website in the past had two which had to be installed. Now, it's just one driver that is supposed to install the SolidWorks add-in and 3DxWare (which doesn't work for me).

The add-in check box doesn't show in the Solidworks add-ins.

Reply to
timify10

Did you put a check in the box for SolidWorks during the 3D driver install?

Steve R.

Reply to
Steve Rauenbuehler

I need help here...going through spaceball withdrawl....left hand doesn't know what to do!

Reply to
timify10

Try to repair the install, if that doesnt work, uninstall and reinstall. Make sure any virus scanners are off.

Alternatively, you could just try to open the dll file for the addin. goto open, pick dll file type and browser to the folder with the spaceball software.

Mike

timify10 wrote:

Reply to
Mike Lamora

Make sure that you turn on the addin within Solidworks. TOOLS> ADDINS

Reply to
Jo