Add-in failure to Initialize

I decided to do a fresh SolidWorks install on my laptop of the 2007 version recently received. There were a couple of previous versions installed prior so I wiped everything out, including all SolidWorks components in the registry.

After rebooting for the registry setting to take effect, I reinstalled

2007 v1.1 with no problems. When I try to open my add-in XMLPropWorks.dll, I get the following message "Unable to initialize Add-in component". This is a VB app that I developed some time back and it was working on 2007 before I decided to do a clean install. In attempting to figure out what was going on, I decided to try and debug the app in Visual Basic. In the past, I've used VB6debug.dll to debug dll add-ins to SolidWorks in Visual Basic 6. Trying to load VB6debug.dll in SolidWorks produces the same response, so there is obviously something odd going on. I tried to load swCP3 as well with the same result. I did manage to load dxf3Dexport.dll successfully. I suspect it's a VB issue, but obviously don't know what.

Are there any option settings or something that must be toggled allowing the loading of third party dll's?

Any other ideas?

Thanks

=========================================================================== Chris

Reply to
Chris Dubea

Chris Dubea wrote: ...

Well, I got it working by restoring a previous registry. Thank you ERUNDT! The question now is why did this happen.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Reply to
cdubea

Never mind, I see an SPR has been issued for this.

Odd that it would occur on a new installation but not an upgraded one.

Thanks,

chris

Reply to
cdubea

We have just installed SolidWorks 2007 SP2.1 and found that SWCP3 does not work - failure to initialize. Is there a fix for this? I see from previous posts that there may be a registry setting to tweak.

Thanx for your help.

DC

Reply to
carterdf